San Francisco, California Product Liability Attorneys
Seeger Salvas has an unparalleled depth of knowledge of product liability cases. We have used that knowledge to successfully represent our clients in thousands of cases over the years. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of the plaintiffs we have represented, and we have successfully protected our business clients from financial ruin caused by mass litigation.
Our attorneys have earned respect from our legal peers through our ability to professionally and zealously represent our clients in a wide range of product liability cases. For example:
- National and Regional Coordinating Counsel – Ken Seeger has served as national and regional coordinating counsel representing major manufacturers of implantable medical devices.
- In House Experience – Brian Devine served as the executive in charge of the worldwide product liability claims for a major manufacturer of implantable medical devices such as pacemakers, heart valves, spinal implants, dental implants, and joint implants.
- In re: Sulzer Orthopedics, Inc. Hip and Knee Implant Litigation, MDL No. 1401, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio - Ken Seeger served as Lead Counsel in the federal Multi-District Litigation proceeding arising out of thousands of recalled hip and knee implants. Adam Salvas led the nationwide trial preparation team and was responsible for leading the discovery collection and review effort. Ken Seeger, Adam Salvas, and Brian Devine took a leading role in negotiating a nationwide class-action settlement that saved the company from bankruptcy. They helped guide Sulzer Medica from the brink of bankruptcy, increasing its share price by 650 percent from $2 per share to over $15 per share after the settlement was confirmed.
- In re: Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1407, United States District Court for the Western District of Washington – Ken Seeger and Brian Devine were national settlement counsel for Chattem, Inc., a publicly-traded consumer products company, and they helped negotiate and implement a successful national class action settlement involving hundreds of PPA cases valued at approximately $100 million.
- In re: Medtronic, Inc. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1726, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota – Ken Seeger served on the national trial team and Brian Devine served on the national discovery team for a Multi-District Litigation proceeding involving thousands of implanted cardiac defibrillators. The Court appointed Ken Seeger to serve on the Claims Review Committee.
- In Re Guidant Corp. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No 1708, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota – The Court appointed Ken Seeger to serve on the Claims Review Committee for a Multi-District Litigation proceeding involving thousands of implanted cardiac defibrillators.
While some law firms choose to represent only plaintiffs or only defendants, we represent both plaintiffs and defendants in product liability cases. Our experience on both sides of the table provides us with a unique and valuable understanding of the other side’s motivations, strategies, and tactics. Our experience allows us to understand the true value of each case and provides us and our clients with a competitive edge in litigation and settlement.