Experience and Scope of Practice
Adam Salvas represents a variety of clients including Fortune 500 and midsize companies, nonprofits and individuals. Mr. Salvas’ primary focus involves issues of fiduciary duty law, product liability and insurance. He has significant experience litigating matters in state and federal courts, including courts of appeal, and regularly counsels clients on business and agency matters.
- Represented two investors against private equity firm for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud stemming from a corporate acquisition.
- Represented Fortune 500 Corporation against a large law firm for breach of fiduciary duty arising from an appeal of a class action.
- Represented investors against hedge fund for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud stemming from hedge fund’s use of investors’ funds.
- Defended public corporation against claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and breach of contract regarding the purchase and sale of a corporation.
- Represented Catholic diocese against insurers for bad faith and breach of contract.
- Defended museum against claims of ownership of artwork.
- Defended insurer in class action arising from insurer’s loss reporting to state agency.
- Defended insurer in class action regarding collection and calculation of premium.
- Represented manufacturer in construction defect claim regarding the construction of multi-million dollar clean room manufacturing facility.
- Defended medical provider in negligence action alleging permanent mental and physical birth defects to child.
- Defended lumber yard in wrongful death action.
- Defended medical device manufacturer in nationwide class action alleging product defects.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1997
- Boston University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1992
Admissions and Professional Activities
Mr. Salvas is admitted to practice in California as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. district courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern districts of California. He is a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco, the American Bar Association and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.